Join in and sing your heart out at Streetwise Opera’s epic 12-hour Singathon. Whether you sing in a choir, a band, as a soloist or just in the shower, this event is for you!
Help us complete the challenge by keeping the singing going for 12 hours in Shoreditch Town Hall's beautiful Assembly Hall – at least 20 people need to be singing at any given time.
How does it work?
- Each of the 10 themed sessions will be led by a facilitator, and accompanied by recorded or live music. The programme will be announced in the lead up to the event.
- You can join us all day (impressive!) or pick your favourite one-hour sessions to design your own Singathon challenge. You can enter and leave the venue at any time, and we will provide hot drinks and snacks to keep your vocal chords and stamina going.
- Children and young people under 16 accompanied by an adult are very welcome, and some slots will be of particular interest to the young (and not so young) ones.
- Anybody can book a free seat for the grand finale from 8pm to 9pm – including your friends and family who’ve sponsored your challenge.
Sounds great – how do I start raising money?
- Secure your place by clicking 'register now' and pay the registration fee of £10 (£5 for students, free for under 16s.)
- Set up a fundraising page through Charity Checkout and inspire your friends and family to sponsor you, or make a personal donation; we ask you to raise at least £50 per person.
- Join us on Sunday 27 October and sing your heart out!
- Leave the Singathon knowing that you and your supporters have made a big difference to the lives of some of society’s most isolated and vulnerable individuals.
The Streetwise Opera Singathon is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the world of music, whilst raising money for a great cause. The proceeds from the Singathon will support our pioneering work for people affected by homelessness in London, Manchester, Newcastle Gateshead, Nottingham and Teesside. You will help fund our year-round programme of weekly singing workshops, which offer a dependable source of creativity and positivity in lives where everything else can be changing.
‘At the time that I have nothing, I still have my artistry. I still have my creativity. I still have my talent. And if that’s going to get me from homelessness to where I need to be, then I’m going to hone that. And Streetwise Opera is the perfect place to do that.’
– Streetwise Opera performer
The Assembly Hall at Shoreditch Town Hall is an accessible venue. Please find out more about access here. If you have accessibility needs or a disability and require a companion or carer to acccompany you to this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free ticket for your companion.